Sometimes they say happiness is hard to find and right, there are just moments that may come to us like that… But sometimes, we just tend to ignore the beautiful little things around us. I always say, it’s ok to be sad; just don’t linger on that sad feeling. It’s ok to be discouraged; just don’t linger on that down feeling. At the end of the day, I still believe that happiness is a choice. We can choose to fight this sad feeling. Like we always have a choice to wake up from the ”right side” of our bed. I have experienced this last year. I was feeling so low for a couple of weeks but one night, I prayed and declared that “Ok Lord, tomorrow I pray that my heart will choose to see the beauty of the situation. I will choose to sing praises and wake up from the right side of bed.” True enough, GOD answered my prayer. Sometimes our breakthroughs are just a decision away! We were given all the spiritual blessings to overcome anything that may challenge our happiness.
During my “last” dinner date with my friends in Shanghai, I asked them this question, “When do you feel happy?” They said, “I am happy now because happiness is meeting with my friends.”, “I am happy when people liked the pictures I took.”, “I am happy on payday!”
I saw one time in social media this list of “Happiness is” where it appreciates small things around us. And so here I am writing my own version after days of being extremely busy because of my move.
1. Happiness is having your friends to welcome you so warmly.
2. Happiness is seeing the smiles of the people you love and even from a stranger.
3. Happiness is having your buddies assisting you in your luggage.
4. Happiness is when your friends respond in time of your need or simply reply to your message.
5. Happiness is having a good breakfast.
6. Happiness is that feeling that you are almost done unpacking your things.
7. Happiness is having a good bed to rest.
8. Happiness is preparing food for your friends.
9. Happiness is that feeling knowing that you are able to help someone.
10. Happiness is making time to do your thing in the midst of your busy schedules.
11. Happiness is stepping in to a new season.
12. Happiness is God giving you the grace and wisdom to multi-task.
13. Happiness is knowing that God is guiding you.
14. Happiness is being assured that you are just on the right track.
15. Happiness is choosing to spend time to read your Bible and soak in GOD’s presence.
Simple joys. Simple heart. After all, I believe happiness is just around the corner. In fact, it is within those hearts who know THE SOURCE of true happiness is.
“All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.” Ephesians 1:3, NLT